Over time, it is natural for teeth to lose a bit of their sparkle and shine. Unfortunately, this may cause patients to have feelings of self consciousness about their smiles.
For patients who find themselves hiding their smiles, it may be time to consider teeth whitening. Casuarina Square Dental Care offers a convenient take-home whitening system that allows patients the option to whiten teeth conveniently.
What Causes Discolouration?
There are a number of factors that can cause teeth to appear dull, including:
- Certain medications
- Age and genetics
- Lifestyle choices, such as smoking
- Beverages, such as red wine, colas, coffee and tea
- Foods, such as marinara sauce, curry, soy sauce and berries
- Trauma or injury to teeth
Tobacco causes staining and discolouration that leaves teeth with a yellowish brown hue. It also greatly increases the risk of developing other issues such as oral cancer and periodontal (gum) disease. Our team at Casuarina Square Dental Care can help when patients wish to quit smoking.
Take-Home Whitening System
We create custom whitening trays, designed to fit teeth tightly and protect soft tissue from exposure to excess whitening gel. We use teeth models to fabricate custom trays and then we will demonstrate how to use the whitening gel properly.
We recommend that patients whiten their teeth for around two weeks initially to achieve the desired results and then retain the trays to use again to touch up their smile when needed. Our patients love the freedom of having their own whitening trays.
Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening?
It may seem more convenient to purchase an over-the-counter or online whitening system; however, there are a few benefits to professional whitening to consider, such as:
- Casuarina Square Dental Care has access to a much higher-strength whitening gel than is available for purchase in pharmacies or online, which means faster results with less time spent whitening.
- The trays that we make are customised to fit to teeth perfectly rather than a one-size-fits-all product that may be ill-fitting.
- It is much safer to whiten teeth under the supervision of a skilled dentist in case patients should experience any side effects, such as sensitivity.
Whitening is the most efficient and affordable way to give teeth a quick upgrade, and patients might be surprised at what an impact it can make.
If you are ready to learn more about how we can help you enhance your smile, we welcome you to call Casuarina Square Dental Care to arrange a consultation and determine if teeth whitening is right for you.