Benefits of Invisible Braces You May Not Have Considered
Living with teeth that crooked or misaligned can have a negative impact on your self-confidence, and many people find that they avoid smiling altogether. Invisible braces at our Darwin dental clinic can straighten your teeth—without the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces. Many adults and older teens find that invisible braces are much better suited to their lifestyles.
The main advantage of invisible braces is that they are virtually undetectable because of the clear plastic aligners that are used to gently move teeth into place. But there are other benefits many patients may not have considered.
Benefits of Invisalign Invisible Braces
- There are no eating or drinking restrictions. Anyone who has had traditional braces can tell you about a list of foods they were told to avoid, such as popcorn, sticky foods, and crunchy fruits and vegetables. Because Invisalign’s clear plastic aligners are removed for eating, you can enjoy all of your favourite foods and beverages without worry.
- It’s easier to practice good oral hygiene with Invisalign because you can brush and floss as you normally would; then simply replace the aligners when your teeth are clean.
- No potential for painful wires poking the soft tissues of the mouth. When you have a mouth full of metal, there is always a chance something sharp can break off and rub painfully on the inside of your cheek or gums. Invisalign’s smooth aligners cannot cause any of that type of discomfort because of their smooth plastic construction.
- If the time for traditional orthodontics seems daunting, you should know that in most cases, Invisalign moves teeth more quickly. You might have straight teeth in as few as six months, depending on your situation.
- It can be gratifying to see the progress made with your teeth as it happens, and because you can take your aligners out, you will be able to see your teeth as they move to their desired position.
We invite you to call our Darwin clinic to make an appointment to see if invisible braces can give you the smile you deserve. We look forward to welcoming you.