Teeth Whitening in Darwin
Are you generous with your smile? After all, smiles are meant to be shared. Studies have shown that smiling can actually boost your mood—as well as the moods of the people around you. When you don’t feel good about your smile because your teeth are stained or yellowed, you probably aren’t smiling as often as you should.
Don’t give up on your smile because it’s not as white and bright as it used to be. Over time, it is natural for teeth to lose a bit of their sparkle and shine. Unfortunately, this may cause patients to have feelings of self-consciousness about their smiles.
After teeth whitening at our Darwin dental clinic, you might feel so good about your smile that you’ll want to share it with everyone you meet.
If you are finding yourself hiding your smile, it may be time to consider teeth whitening. Casuarina Square Dental Care offers fast and effective in-chair Pola whitening treatments as well as a convenient take-home whitening system that allows patients the option to whiten teeth conveniently—right in their own home.
Keep reading to find out more about teeth whitening in the northern suburbs of Darwin.
- Why do my teeth look dark, stained, or yellowed?
- How effective are over-the-counter whitening treatments?
- When is the best time to whiten teeth?
- Why choose professional teeth whitening?
- Do you offer custom take-home whitening treatment?
- How long will my teeth whitening results last?
- How can I find out more about professional teeth whitening?
Why do my teeth look dark, stained or yellowed?
There are a number of factors that can cause teeth to appear dull, including:
- Certain medications
- Age and genetics
- Lifestyle choices, such as smoking
- Beverages, such as red wine, colas, coffee and tea
- Foods that have staining qualities, such as marinara sauce, curry, soy sauce and berries
- Trauma or injury to teeth
Tobacco causes staining and discolouration that leaves teeth with a yellowish-brown hue. It also greatly increases the risk of developing other issues such as oral cancer and periodontal (gum) disease. Our team at Casuarina Square Dental Care can help when patients wish to quit smoking.
How effective are over-the-counter whitening treatments?
There is no end to the number of products available that promise to whiten teeth. There are strips, gels, toothpastes and mouthwashes that all make the same claims. Most over-the-counter whitening treatments you can purchase in shops might remove some of the surface stains from teeth—if they are used correctly. But they simply don’t get below the surface of the teeth to remove deeply set stains the way professional teeth whitening through your Casuarina dental clinic can.
Because our take-home whitening kits come with custom trays, more of the whitening gel comes into contact with your teeth. This provides better teeth whitening results for our Darwin patients who opt for our take-home whitening kits.
When is the best time to whiten teeth?
We recommend our Darwin patients have teeth whitening done only after they have a professional dental clean. Having your teeth professionally cleaned before you try professional teeth whitening will help to give you a better result. When your hygienist removes all of the surface stains and tartar with a professional cleaning, more of the whitening agent will come into direct contact with the teeth. This will help you get a more desirable result with the teeth whitening process in the northern suburbs of Darwin.
Why choose professional teeth whitening at Casuarina Square Dental Care?
It may seem more convenient to purchase an over-the-counter or online whitening system; however, there are a few benefits to professional whitening to consider, such as:
- Casuarina Square Dental Care has access to a much higher-strength whitening gel than is available for purchase in pharmacies or online, which means faster results with less time spent whitening. Our patients in Darwin appreciate the chance to get better teeth whitening results. Why waste money on over-the-counter products that may not work well for you?
- The trays that we make are customised to fit to teeth perfectly rather than a one-size-fits-all product that may be ill-fitting. This enables more of the whitening agent to come into direct contact with the teeth.
- It is much safer to whiten teeth under the supervision of a skilled dentist in case patients should experience any side effects, such as sensitivity. Often over-the-counter whitening systems that are purchased in Casuarina shops are used incorrectly, so the teeth whitening results are a disappointment.
- Whitening is the most efficient and affordable way to give teeth a quick upgrade, and patients might be surprised at what an impact it can make. Many of our Darwin patients report being very pleased with their teeth whitening results with our custom take-home trays.
Does Casuarina Square Dental Care offer custom take-home whitening treatment?
We create custom whitening trays at our Casuarina dental clinic that are designed to fit teeth tightly and protect soft tissue from exposure to excess whitening gel. We use teeth models to fabricate custom trays and then we will demonstrate how to use the whitening gel properly.
We recommend that patients whiten their teeth for around two weeks initially to achieve the desired results and then retain the trays to use again to touch up their smile when needed. Our patients love the freedom of having their own customised whitening trays so they can continue to keep their smiles white and bright at their own convenience.
How long will my teeth whitening results last?
The length of time your teeth whitening results will last will depend on how you care for your teeth after whitening treatment from our Casuarina dental clinic. If you return to habits that stained your teeth in the first place, you will find your teeth becoming dull again.
If you eat foods and drink beverages that cause staining, your teeth will eventually start to look less-than-white again over a period of a few months. You can try to avoid these types of foods and drinks, or at least be sure to rinse immediately after imbibing. (Brush your teeth after about a half-hour after indulging in these foods or drinks.)
If you are a smoker or use tobacco products, continuing their use will ultimately lead to more stains and yellowing. Smoking and tobacco use also puts your overall health at risk, and we encourage you to quit.
Because we offer at-home whitening, you can easily do touch-ups of your teeth whitening treatment from the comfort of your northern suburbs home. Most people find that they need to touch up their smile every few months or so.
It’s also crucial that you take good care of your oral health at home by brushing and flossing regularly. Be sure to stay current with examinations and cleans at your Casuarina dentist by going every six months. This can help keep your smile beautiful—and healthy.
How can I find out more about professional teeth whitening in Darwin?
If you are ready to learn more about how we can help you enhance your smile, we welcome you to call Casuarina Square Dental Care to arrange an appointment and determine if teeth whitening is right for you. We recommend you come to our Casuarina dental clinic for a check-up and clean so you can be assured your smile is healthy and ready for teeth whitening.