CANCELLATION AND FAILED TO ATTEND CANCELLATION POLICY
Here at Casuarina Square Dental Care, we try to respect your time as much as you should respect ours. Short notice cancellations, failure to attend and arriving late disrupts our other patients and staff members. As a small business owner, cancellations can result in a loss of income and time, particularly if they are made at the last minute. Under Australian Consumer Law (ACL) patients have certain rights to cancel a service from us.
This is why we have a cancellation policy in place to manage these situations and limit business loss while complying with the law. We are a small business that aim to provide excellent quality at an affordable price. One of the ways that we achieve that is by efficient use of appointment time and staff. A missed appointment or short notice cancellation represents a cost to us and presents scheduling problems for other patients requesting appointments. Due to the difficulties of filling last-minute cancellations, we require at least 24 hours notice.
Please advise us as soon as possible if you need to rebook an appointment so that we offer your time to someone who is in urgent need of dental care. Otherwise, we turn away other patients to hold your appointment time, any missed or short notice cancelled appointment will attract a cancellation fee.
Due to our small business size and high demand for appointments, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Our front desk will send you a reminder call or SMS more than 24 hours before your appointment*. Firstly, please read the text to confirm the date and time, then please respond either by calling or replying to the SMS.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling or cancelling appointments with MORE than 24 hours notice is absolutely fine and we will be more than accommodating.
- Failing to attend, rescheduling or cancelling appointments with LESS than 24 hours notice needs a worthy reason as we understand things happen, cancellations due to illness, emergencies etc will not attract a cancellation fee of $100 (at business discretion).
- However, if you wish to make a second booking then we require an appointment holding fee of $100, which, if you attend, will be applied to the cost of your treatment or refunded if the treatment does not cost up to the $100.
- If several timely cancellations are made, we reserve the right to charge the cost of the treatment upfront before offering another appointment. This is obviously a last resort. We would hope that it never comes to this.
Procedures that require long appointments, such as Implants, Crowns or in-house whitening, require 50% deposit at the time of booking. At Casuarina Square Dental Care we reserve the right to ask patients who fail to attend, cancel appointments at short notice, continually arrive late or are simply rude to source another dental provider.
*Please bear in mind that if you do not receive an SMS or phone call, your appointment remains your responsibility for you to attend, or reschedule giving more than 24 hours notice.